The National Association of Professional Organizers – Los Angeles (NAPO-LA) is proud to present the 7th Annual Organizing Awards on Jan. 26, at the Sheraton Universal Hotel in Universal City. Red Carpet arrivals begin at 6:30 pm, followed by cocktail reception and Gala Industry Exchange with exhibitors showcasing the latest innovative products and services available to making individuals and businesses more organized, and then onto dinner and Awards ceremony.
Comedienne Trish Suhr, known for her role as the “Yard Sale Diva” on Clean House, the home improvement TV Show seen on the Style Network will host the Awards Ceremony. The professional organizing industry will hand out 25 awards ranging from Best Closet Design Firm to Best Green Organizing Service and Product to Best National Television Show Incorporating Organizing.
The theme of this year’s Organizing awards is Dreaming Big – Shining Bright and recognizes the best in the professional organizing industry. Professional organizers who set the standard for home and business productivity will be acknowledged for their accomplishments, along with those products and services that help consumers and businesses organize anything and everything. Honoring individuals and/or companies that represent the best of the best in the professional organizing industry, nominations are open to the public and winners are decided by popular vote by the members of the National Association of Professional Organizers.
Suhr has hosted many shows including Gamers for National Lampoon, Take My Kids Please for WE, Family Secrets for CMT, and Great American Cook-off for Lifetime, and, is an Emmy Winning Host doing over 200 episodes in the Clean House franchise on Style Network. Suhr's innate comic sensibilities will be showcased as she continues her hosting gold streak to emcee the 7th Annual Organizing Awards.
"Being nominated for an organizing award is one of the highest honors in the professional organizing and productivity industry. It is validation from colleagues of the success you have achieved and the mark that you have made within this profession,” says Nadine Levy, President, NAPO Los Angeles. Levy adds “NAPO Los Angeles is thrilled to host this event and continue the tradition of excellence."
This year’s sponsors include City National Bank, 1-800-Got-Junk, Wells Fargo Advisors, Blackrock Investment, Polsinelli Shughart Law Firm, TCB Insurance, The Container Store, Office Max, SMEAD, ACCO Brands, Citrix/Go To Meeting, Neatreceipts, Fujitsu, Gladiator, PODs, Steri-Clean, Go Junk Free America, and Organize.com.
Tickets to the 7th Annual Organizing Awards are $165 per person and are available by visiting www.napola.org or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (213) 486-4477. Sponsorship and table packages are available. The Organizing Awards takes place at the Sheraton Universal Hotel at 333 Universal Hollywood Drive, Universal City, CA 91608. Red Carpet arrivals begin at 6:30 p.m., with cocktail reception and Gala industry exchange, followed by dinner and awards ceremony.
About the Organizing Awards
The 7th Annual Organizing Awards is presented annually to honor outstanding achievements and contributions to the organization and productivity profession and to recognize professional organizers, organizing retailers, organizing products, services and resources, charities, technology providers, authors and the media. This year the celebrity host is Trish Suhr. Presenters will be announced shortly. Production support is provided by The Dave Linden Group and Wide Angle Events. NAPO-LA continues to bring innovation to the industry this year as they prepare to honor those that stand out in the organizing industry. The Gala Industry Exchange offers a multitude of exhibitors who will feature new products, services and technologies, all designed to showcase the benefits of better personal productivity, time saving techniques and the advantages of living in a streamlined home and office environment – just what the organizing awards are all about. Not-to-be-missed are the fabulous prizes being raffled off throughout the evening and, of course, an exciting and memorable celebration of our industry during an elegant dinner and awards show.
This fundraising and public awareness event is produced and presented by the Los Angeles chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO-LA), a not-for-profit organization meeting IRS Tax Code 501(c)3 requirements. Proceeds from the event benefit NAPO-LA educational programs.
About NAPO - Los Angeles
NAPO-Los Angeles is a non-profit, professional organization dedicated to developing, leading and promoting professional organizers and the benefits of better home and business organization. The Founding Chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers, "The Organizing Authority®," NAPO-LA has provided members with a forum for networking, professional development, and raising public awareness since 1985. The NAPO-Los Angeles - Host of the Los Angeles Organizing Awards 10573 West Pico Blvd, #134, Los Angeles, CA 90064 - napola.org - organizingawards.com - (213) 486-477 NAPO Los Angeles is a legal entity separate and distinct from NAPO, Inc. (the National Association of Professional Organizers) and is not entitled to act on behalf of or to bind NAPO, contractually or otherwise.
# # #
Interesting Facts, Figures, and statistics courtesy of the
National Association of Professional Orangizers (NAPO):
- 80% of what we keep we never use. Agency Sales Magazine
- Getting rid of clutter eliminates 40% of housework in an average home. Ottawa Citizen
- The average American burns 55 minutes a day – roughly 12 days a year – looking for things they know they own but can’t find. Newsweek
- Realtors regard “first impression” improvements such as de-cluttering closets to be one of the smartest ways to spruce up your home before putting it on the market. NAPO media stats
- Executives waste 6 weeks per year searching for lost documents. Fast Company Magazine
- Employees spend roughly 25% to 35% of their time looking for the information they need to do their jobs. Document Magazine
- 50% of homeowners rate the garage as the most disorganized place in the house. NAPO media stats
- 23% of adults say they pay bills late (& thus incur fees) because they lose them. Harris Interactive
- More than 1 out of 4 Americans remarked that they would like to be better organized. NAPO media stats
- We wear 20% of the clothes we own 80% of the time. The rest just hangs there, just in case. Calgary Herald
- 25% of people with 2-car garages don’t park any cars in there and 32% parked only one. US Department of Energy
- 80% of the clutter in most homes is a result of disorganization, not lack of space. Ottawa Citizen
- The average American receives 49,060 pieces of mail in their lifetime, 1/3 of it is junk mail. NAPO media stats
- The average American spends one year of their life looking for lost or misplaced items at home and in the office. US News and World Report
- US employees waste more than two hours a week finding, sharing and storing documents.