By City News Service
A man was treated for smoke inhalation today from a small blaze sparked by "careless smoking" in his Hollywood apartment, a fire department spokesman said.
The blaze in a seventh-floor unit at the Hollywood Plaza, 1637 N. Vine St., was out by the time firefighters arrived at 12:17 p.m., said Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department.
The resident, who is about 70 years old, was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation and was taken to a hospital in fair condition, Humphrey said.
"The cause of the fire was his careless smoking in his apartment," Humphrey said.