A Montrose man charged last week with breaking into Sandra Bullock's Bel Air home and stalking the Academy Award-winning actress pleaded not guilty today to 19 additional felony counts involving a cache of weapons allegedly discovered in his home.
Joshua James Corbett, 39, was charged with seven counts of possession of a machine gun, two counts of possession of an assault weapon and 10 counts of possession of a destructive device.
The new charges involve an arsenal of weapons that were discovered in Corbett's residence after Los Angeles police detectives searched his home, said Deputy District Attorney Wendy Segall. Corbett's bail was set at $2 million on the new charges, and he was ordered back to court July 2, when a date will be set for a hearing to determine if there is enough evidence for him to stand trial.
Corbett pleaded not guilty June 10 to one count each of residential burglary, stalking and possession of a machine gun, although he is not accused of having the weapon with him at the time of the alleged June 8 break-in at Bullock's West Los Angeles property.
Corbett is accused of climbing a fence to get on to Bullock's West Los Angeles property about 5 a.m., according to the prosecutor. Bullock was home at the time and reportedly locked herself in a room when she realized there was an intruder on the premises.
Police were called to the home after receiving a 911 call from someone inside, and arrested Corbett at the scene, authorities said.
--City News Service