What's going on around town this weekend? Check out some of our picks below and see more in our calendar.
25-CENT FAMILY MOVIE
- Where/When: , Saturday, 10 a.m.
- Why Go: Take the kids out for a screening of Kung Fu Panda. The ongoing summer series at the Chinese 6 aims to make family outings easy for parents. Take advantage of stadium seating, healthy snacks for purchase, lights on in the auditorium and $2 parking.
- Cost: 25-cents per ticket
- Where/When: , Saturday, 2 to 9:45 p.m.
- Why Go: Head up to the observatory for a chance to get a closer look at the sun, moon and planets with a variety of telescopes and experts on hand to help point stargazers in the right direction.
- Cost: Free thanks to the assistance of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society and the Los Angeles Sidewalk Astronomers.
- Where/When: , Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Can't get enough of cowboy culture? Square dance, get your fill of barbecue, watch roping demonstrations and more all day at The Autry. If you're dressing up, just be sure to leave your guns, including replicas at home!
- Cost: $7-$11 per ticket
- Where/When: , Friday, Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 7:30 p.m.
- What: With an all-star cast for the weekend, this Mel Brooks musical is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Cast members include Richard Kind, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Dane Cook and Rebecca Romijn.
- Cost: $15-$162 per ticket
- Where/When: The Village at Ed Gould Plaza, Saturday, 7 p.m.
- What: Dust off your toga and socalize at amBi's summer soiree. Proceeds will benefit the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center and amBi. Worth mentioning, there's an open bar.
- Cost: $15 presale, $20 at the door for tickets
- Where/When: The Cat & Fiddle, Sunday, 7 p.m.
- What: Enjoy dinner and drinks on the patio while listening to the upbeat latin fusion jazz band, L'Esprit D'Afrique. Couldn't think of a better way to round out the weekend.
- Cost: No cover