Ahhh, thank goodness is Friday! Looking for some fun happenings to help you unwind from work and transition into the weekend?
Patch is here to help. Check out some of the events below and see more in our calendar.
- Where/When: , 8:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- Why Go: It's not very often that you can pose a question to your favorite actor during a Friday night movie outing. Actors Rashida Jones and Will McCormack will take part in a Q&A session following the 8:15 p.m. screening of their new movie Celeste and Jesse Forever. They will also do an intro for the 10:30 p.m. show.
- Cost: $16 per ticket
- Where/When: , 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy music from the soundtrack from your favorite Pixar movie — well, we know it's hard to pick just one. Tunes will highlight Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Wall-E and Up. This performance wil feature the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra conducted by Thomas Wilkins.
- Cost: $11-$162 per ticket
- Where/When: , 7:30 - 9 p.m.
- Why Go: This month's hot topic features the upcoming Mars landing, hear from the project manager of NASA's Mars Exploration Rover project, John Callas and space journalist Leonard David.
- Cost: Free admission. Seating is first come, first served.
- Where/When: , 7:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Catch a double feature highlighting Italian director Sergio Leone's work. First up is A Fistful of Dollars followed by For A Few Dollars More.
- Cost: $11 general admission
- Where/When:, 8 p.m.
- Why Go: This rock 'n' roll musical, which runs through Aug. 12, is a tale of fame and forbidden love. Check out the dancing amid a backdrop of 1950s Memphis, Tennessee.
- Cost: $48.75-$125
Also worth mentioning, there's a sobriety checkpoint planned on Santa Monica Boulevard. Be safe!