Trying to figure out what to do this weekend? Patch is here to help!
Here's a sample of some happenings in Hollywood. For more ideas, don't miss our our calendar.
- Where/When: , Saturday and Sunday, 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy music from the soundtrack of Pixar's beloved movies including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Wall-E and Up. This performance will feature the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra conducted by Thomas Wilkins.
- Cost: $11-$162 per ticket
- Where/When: , Saturday, 7:30 p.m.
- Why Go: For a taste of funk, rock, Latin, R&B and jazz fusion head to the Ford Amphitheater for a performance by Mandrill and the Lowrider Band.
- Cost: $30 per ticket
- Where/When: , Saturday, 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy a night out celebrating the tiki culture. The annual fete includes a performance by King Kukulele & The Friki Tikis and the Polynesian Paradise Dancers. There will be tiki items for sale, a luau dinne and bar. At 7:30 p.m. catch the Los Angeles premiere of Tiki Volume 1: Paradise Lost, which highlights the pop culture of tiki mania around the world.
- Cost: $30 tickets available at the door
- Where/When: , Sunday, 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Saints fans can catch the first pre-season game and chow down on shrimp. The $12 special includes one pound of boiled shrimp with corn, potatoes and a pint of bear.
- Cost: $12
- Where/When: , Saturday and Sunday, 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Summer is in full swing, which means Shakespeare in the Park is a given. Head outdoors for a picnic and enjoy a classic like A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Cost: Free
- Where/When: , Sunday, 10 p.m.
- Why Go: Grab a cocktail and catch Brenna Whitaker and Her Little Big Band in the Living Room at the W. You never know, she's been known to have surprise guests drop in!
- Cost: No cover