Trying to figure out what to do this weekend? Patch is here to help!
Here's a sample of some happenings in Hollywood. For more ideas, don't miss our our calendar.
Neighborhood Block Party
- Where/when: 1700 block of Gramercy Place, Saturday, 3-7 p.m.
- What: Garfield Neighborhood Watch and Gramercy Neighbhorhood Watch are joining together for a Halloween-themed party. There will be pumpkin carving, face painting, raffles, a pinata, chalk drawing, hot dogs and more.
- Cost: Free
- Where/When: Los Angeles Zoo, 5333 Zoo Dr., Saturday & Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- What: Celebrate Halloween at the zoo with pumpkin carving, treats for the kids and creepy creatures.
- Cost: All activities free with paid Zoo admission.
- Where/When: Barnsdall Park, 4800 Hollywood Blvd. Saturday, 7 p.m.
- What: This fifth annual screening will benefit the Best Friends Animal Society of Los Angeles. There will also be a canned food drive to benefit SOVA Community Food and Resource Program.
- Cost: $20
Dia De Los Muertos at Hollywood Forever
- Where/When: Hollywood Forever, 6000 Santa Monica Blvd., Saturday, 12 p.m.
- What: Honor and celebrate the memories of friends and family who have died. Enjoy Mexican cuisine, live performances and peruse vendors. Visitors are encouraged to wear Dia de Los Muertos attire—dress in Calaca apparel.
- Cost: $10 per person, bring exact change.
Hollywood Farmers Market
- Where/When: Ivar and Selma avenues, Sunday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- What: Join in on free pumpkin carving and face painting action with clown Roofus T. Goofus and his partner Loon. Supplies are limited and available to first to children.
- Cost: Free admission
Know of something happening? Don't be shy. Add it to the community calendar!