As if the Japanese-fusion tacos at Komida in the Hollywood & Highland Center aren't interesting enough, Chef Brock Kleweno is taking his menu to another level in the coming days.
Kleweno plans to put his own spin on holiday cuisine with a limited-time menu of all the trimmings that accompany a meal during the holidays.
Starting Thursday, the "12 Days of Tacos" features an unlikely pairing of holiday favorites packed into a tortilla.
Here's the lineup:
• Roast turkey with pinot noir/five-spice cranberry sauce (Dec. 8)
• Brioche stuffing with Kleweno Family Farm Sausage (Dec. 9)
• Grandma's green bean casserole with haricot vert, roast garlic bechamel, crispy shallots (Dec. 12)
• Spiced sweet potato with brûléed homemade marshmallow (Dec. 13)
• Agave glazed ham with blood orange and pineapple salsa (Dec. 14)
• Caramelized onion Yukon gold smashed potato with mom's lumpy gravy (Dec. 15)
• Smoked gouda mac and cheese with buttered bacon bread crumbs (Dec. 16)
• Shiitake scalloped potato with Grafton cheddar crisps (Dec. 19)
• Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer with grilled venison loin and ginger cherry salsa (Dec. 20)
• "Fruit cake" with figgy pudding Sauce (Dec. 21)
• Gingerbread cookie with yuzu icing (Dec. 22)
• Pastrami and sauerkraut with Asian 1,000 Island and rye seed tortillas (Dec. 23)
Komida is at 1738 N. Orange Dr., Hollywood. Open Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; 323-466-5124. Parking is available in the Hollywood & Highland Center garage.