Hankering for a taste of the south?
is bringing southern cooking to its block of Hollywood Boulevard.
Chef Gavin Mills, a Brit, has an affection for the region and will showcase cuisine from a southern state each month during the restaurant's "Southern Sundays."
First up, South Carolina. On the menu: she crab soup, grilled pork chops and grit croutons. Ala carte dishes will range $9 - $25.
So far, the announced menu is as follows:
8/26, South Carolina
- She crab soup, sherry, Dungeness crab, crab roe
- Hot smoked oysters, Tabasco butter, lemon
- Grilled pork chop, mushroom grits, collard greens
- Tasso ham biscuit, red eye gravy, cabbage slaw
- Market salad, fried grits crouton, goat cheese, candied pecans
- Chicken and waffles
9/2 Louisiana - Labor Day Weekend Oyster Roast
- Oyster roast (on the patio), hot sauce, horseradish cream, oyster crackers, cocktail sauce
- Crispy pork belly, roasted peaches, hopping john
- Oyster Po’boy, sauce gribiche, slaw, fries
- Fried chicken dinner, buttermilk biscuits, mashed potatoes, gravy
- Seared Salmon, red rice risotto, corn
- Smoked Salmon Salad, grilled asparagus, heirloom cherry tomatoes, sherry vinaigrette
- Chicken & Waffles