Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, but there's no shortage events celebrating all things spooky and dead in Hollywood. Here's a round up of our top picks.
- Where/When: Egyptian Theatre, 6712 Hollywood Blvd.; 7:30 p.m. Oct. 26 & 27
- What: Part of Octobers Halloween at the Cinematheque 2012 programming, catch a screening of Ghostbusters in 70 mm print. It's classic ghoulish fun!
- Cost: $11 general admission
- Where/When: Hollywood Forever, 6000 Santa Monica Blvd.; 12 p.m. Oct. 27
- What: Honor and celebrate the memories of friends and family who have died. Enjoy Mexican cuisine, live performances and peruse vendors. Visitors are encouraged to wear Dia de Los Muertos attire—dress in Calaca apparel.
- Cost: $10 per person, bring exact change.
- Where/When: Hairroin Salon, 1520 N Cahuenga Blvd.; 7 p.m. Oct. 31
- What: Applications for pageant candidates are now available at the salon. Candidates will be selected no later than Oct. 20. Contestants will be judged in three categories: swimsuit, talent and formal wear. Prizes include hair products, a cut/color package and full extensions.
- Why go: Want a low key Halloween? Head to Space 15 Twenty for dinner at Umami, do a little shopping at Urban Outfitters then check out Hairroin for this unusual beauty pageant.
- Cost: $25 entry fee for contestants.
- Where/When: 6111 Melrose Ave, Oct. 28
- What: The 3rd Annual Spooky Sunday is in need of volunteers as they host a Halloween event with a haunted house, costume giveaway, arts and crafts and more for local families in need. Email: tashanda[at]bigsunday.org for more information.
- Cost: Your time
Aliens to Zombies Convention
- Where/When: W Hollywood, 6250 Hollywood Blvd.; 6 p.m. Oct. 29 & 30
- What: Panels, a costume party, film screenings and exhibitors all focused on Zombie pop culture.
- Cost: $10